Laurie Halse Anderson (The Impossible Knife of Memory) picks her top 13 YA books for talking to teens about tough stuff.
- Mexican White Boy - Matt de la Peña
- Eleanor & Park - Rainbow Rowell
- Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian - Sherman Alexie
- Please Ignore Vera Dietz - A. S. King
- Aristotle and Dante Discover The Secrets of the Universe - Benjamin Alire Sáenz
- Beneath a Meth Moon - Jacqueline Woodson
- American-Born Chinese - Gene Luen Yang
- The Rules of Survival - Nancy Werlin
- The Fault In Our Stars - John Green
- Bronxwood - Coe Booth
- Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky
- Between Shades of Gray - Ruta Sepetys
- The Piper’s Son - Melina Marchetta
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe is the best book I have read in months!! Highly recommend it.