Submitted by friendswoodya
Yup. This and Divergent. And Frozen.
And then they say “No, I don’t want to put a hold on it, I’ll just wait.”
BITCH THERE ARE 214 PEOPLE AHEAD OF YOU IN LINE
Yep. They’ll be waiting until 2015.
DOING THE LINDY
—- Leon James and Willa Mae Ricker demonstrate the Lindy Hop, 1942.
I just took the What Kind of Librarian are you quiz.I am a history/geneology librarian!"You’ve been described as a “pit bull” because you’re tenacious in the pursuit of answers. For you, no mystery can remain unsolved, and you know exactly…
Reader’s Advisory Librarian (that’s my dream job!)
"A children’s classic that already is a candidate for the all-time best feel-good book, “Goodnight Moon,” has gotten a boost: A University of Colorado Boulder team printed the first 3D version of it, allowing visually impaired children and their families to touch objects in the story — like the cow jumping over the moon — as it is read aloud."
This is the best news I’ve heard all day!
Ean has a question for us all…what’s on your hold list? Is it a DVD that hasn’t come out yet, or a book that someone else just WON’T return?
I’ve been waiting for quite a bit for this book (POIROT 4EVA). It was on hold for someone for several weeks which was weird, so I didn’t bother…
I have holds at my neighborhood library and my work library that include:
- The Magician’s Land by Lev Grossman - #4 in line, but we’re getting 7 copies. Yay!
- Broadchurch - This looks excellent (though honestly I’ll watch anything with David Tennant)
- a little YA: The Fever by Megan Abbott, We Were Liars by E. Lockhart, and The One by Kiera Cass
- The Paying Guests by Sarah Waters - I completely forgot this was on my holds lists. This happens periodically, and I get a fun hold shelf surprise.
Starting on July 1, 2014, the San Rafael Public Library will begin offering bamboo library cards to library users. (via San Rafael Public Library - San Rafael offers first ever bamboo library cards!)
- 3 men, 1 woman set up
- first dude: hey, im JOHN ROCKWELL, and im from BOSTON. *zooms in on him slicing up meat* im a BIG GUY so i always say GO BIG OR GO HOME. i work at a MEAT MARKET WHERE WE CUT UP SOME MEAT. i love me some meat! *sudden sad music* my dad, he uh… he was what…
Here’s a copyright MOOC, if you’re into that sort of thing.
I took a copyright course with Kevin Smith at SILS, and it was excellent!
Readers Advisory fail
And that’s why you don’t skimp on the reference interview…
Quick one this week. Which Hogwarts House are you in?
Personally, I thought I would be Slytherin for a while but finally had an epiphany and welcomed my fate:
I can get quite badgery.
I’m a Gryffindor according to Pottermore, which was a surprise.
I was expecting Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff.
I’m thinking about getting back in the twitter game. What are the must-follow libraryish twitters? (Or just your accounts…)
Same as my Tumblr.
I’m @pussreboots on Twitter and I have a list of librarian Twitter accounts.
My twitter is @DubDeeArr
My librarian twitter is @Fobettarh
I’m @ebethreads. Like pussreboots, I have a list of librarian and library-related Twitter accounts.
Orange is the New Black explaining the fun that is the Dewey Decimal System!
First day of my new job tomorrow! I’m so excited. I’ve made my lunch and laid out my clothes (I guarantee that this will not be something I keep...
- On, Logging
A patron asked for help on the computer she was using. She was trying to log on with her library card but instead of typing in the...
- What I learned about job hunting after it became imperative that I find a new job.
Some of you might know that I moved to San Francisco recently....
- “Some days in late August at home are like this, the air thin and eager like this, with something in it sad and nostalgic and familiar…”
(ps I got a part-time job in a library yaaaaaayyyyy)